1 Design concept
1.1 The design concept with %s has been used.
1.1.1 The partial safety factor for actions γF has been taken as 1.50.
1.2 A structural design for class B1 shoring in accordance with DIN EN 12812:2008-12 Chapter 4.3.1 (γ = 1.00) has been undertaken.
2 Load assumptions
2.1 Loads have been calculated in accordance with DIN EN 12812:2008-12 Chapter 8. The following values are characteristical ones.
2.2 Self weight of the MULTIFLEX girder slab formwork
Q1 = 0.40 [kN/m2]
2.3 Concrete load
Q2,b = 24.5 [kN/m3] d [m]
The reinforced fresh concrete specific weight γc has been taken as 24.5 kN/m3 (g = 9.81 m/s2).
2.4 Equivalent load for concreting
Q4 = 0.10 Q2,b
0.75 [kN/m2] ≤ Q4 ≤ 1.75 [kN/m2]
2.5 Equivalent load for working conditions
Q2,p = 0.75 [kN/m2]
2.7 Total load for deflection
Q = Q1 + Q2,b
3 System assumptions
3.1.1 Some plywood types can be selected.
3.1.2 The E-Modulus and the permissible stress of Plywood (without Norway) have been taken from Design Tables 2015 Formwork and Shoring Pages 10 and 13. A moisture content of 20%% has been considered.
2.1.3 The E-Modulus and the permissible stress of Plywood from Norway have been taken from the Declaration of Performance of the manufacturer.
3.1.4 The plywood deflection has been limited to l/500.
3.1.5 The plywood has been assumed as min. 3 spans.
3.2 Secondary girders
3.2.1 VT 20K or GT 24 can be used as secondary girders.
3.2.2 The permissible internal forces and moments and bearing forces have been taken from Design Tables 2015 Formwork and Shoring Pages 18-20.
3.2.3 The secondary girder deflection has been limited to l/500.
3.2.4 The secondary girders have been assumed as single span.
3.3 Main girders
3.3.1 VT 20K, 2 x VT 20K, GT 24 or 2 x GT 24 can be used as main girders.
3.3.2 The permissible internal forces and moments and bearing forces have been taken from Design Tables 2015 Formwork and Shoring Pages 18-20.
3.3.3 The main girder deflection has been limited to l/500.
3.3.4 The GT 24 or 2 x GT 24 main girders have to be supported at the centre of the girder nodes.
3.3.5 For prop loads < %.2f kN, 1 x VT 20K as main girder is sufficient.
3.3.6 For prop loads < %.2f kN, 1 x GT 24 as main girder is sufficient.
3.4 Slab props
3.4.1 PEP Ergo B, PEP Ergo D, PEP Ergo E, PEP Ergo + D, PEP Ergo + E, PEP 20, PEP 30 and MULTIPROP MP in combination with or without base MP 50 can be used as slab props.
3.4.2 The permissible prop loads of the:
- PEP Ergo slab props in combination with or without base MP 50 have been taken from Design Tables 2015 Formwork and Shoring Pages 96-100.
- PEP Ergo + slab props in combination with or without base MP 50 have been taken from PI sheet PI 430.
- PEP 20 and PEP 30 slab props in combination with or without base MP 50 have been taken from Design Tables 2015 Formwork and Shoring Pages 102-105.
- MULTIPROP MP slab props in combination with or without base MP 50 have been calculated according to the based on DIN EN 16031 test report of the Bavarian State Trade Agency (LGA) in Nuremberg with number S-N/160206 from 23.03.2017.
3.5 Horizontal loads
3.5.1 The slab formwork must be all-side horizontally undisplaceable supported by means of circumferential walls and pre-concreted beams.
3.5.2 Otherwise, the transfer of the horizontal loads must be guaranteed in accordance to currently valid standards through other measures provided on site, e.g. bracing!
4.1 Secondary girders
Utilization = a / amax 100 [%%]
amax = min(amax,M; amax,Q; amax,f)
4.2 Main girders
Utilization = b / bmax 100 [%%]
bmax = min(bmax,M; bmax,A; bmax,f)
4.3 Slab props
Utilization = F / %s 100 [%%]
Terms and Conditions of Use
Questions relating to use of the individual PERI apps and/or web-based applications can be sent by email to the following email address:
MULTIFLEX Girder Slab Formwork Configurator
© PERI GmbH.
All rights reserved.
Changes in v2.3.0 (01.10.2019)
* A plywood selection list was added.
* A tooltip for the design concept selection was added.
* The terms and conditions of use and a part of the language files were moved to the core-component.
Changes in v2.2.0 (08.03.2019)
* Implementation of the new design concept Ed ≤ Rd
* Added the new PEP Alpha-2 slab props
Changes in v2.1.8 (24.08.2018)
* The cookie-banner was added.
* The download button was changed.
Changes in v2.1.7 (22.08.2018)
* The universal core-component was added
Changes in v2.1.6 (09.10.2017)
* Added the combination of PEP Ergo+ slab prop with base MP 50
Changes in v2.1.5 (11.07.2017)
* Added the new PEP Ergo+ slab props
* Added the combination of slab prop with base MP 50 for all slab props
* Updated the performance data of all MULTIPROP and PEP Ergo slab props
* Updated the 'Technical Information' section
* Complemented the performance data of the PEP 20-350 inner tube bottom and MULTIPROP 480 outer tube bottom slab props